[at-l] Tents vs. tarps vs. hammock

The Gossamer is a good tent. Hennessey Hammocks are excellent also.

Wanderlust's Nomad and the newer Nomad 2+2 are worth looking at. Each
are very light, around 2-3 pounds. The 2+2 is huge enough for 2, or one
with scads of room for self and gear. The benefit of tent is warmth
relatively. Hammock makes for a very comfortable sleep, but there is
some concern over how easy is it to stay warm in temps below 45*. I've
also attached my pack to the same try my hammock hangs from, covered
with rain cover and found no problems.

And stoves are equally a hugely individual judgement call. Some seem to
treat the choice of stove up there with choice of religion, but there
are many paths to heaven and hell.

Bill...