[at-l] Hello

Hi Caryn,

Welcome to the list...

One other area you might be interested in checking out for gear suggestions
is the BackpackingLight group at:

Even very experience hikers and backpackers tend to learn to lighten their
load when they take their first long-distance hike.  Since you're just
starting out, making the right decisions now could help keep expenses down
when you don't end up rebuying (is that a word?) all the same gear over
again to correct mistakes you made the first time around.

Jim...  My coworkers know better than to use that expression in my
presence....  LOL

:-)

Mara
Stitches, GAME99