[at-l] need pattern help

Sorry for the cross post to those of you who're going to get this three times.

I'm searching for a pattern for making a mummy bag.  I'm going to buy the material from Malden Mills and make it myself.  I've been searching for quite a while, and when someone actually makes a fleece bag, it's a rectangle meant for the living room or Holiday Inn with fleece so thin you can hold it up to the light and read thru it.

I'm thinking 300 wt or maybe windblock fleece and intend to use it for my late spring thru early fall bag.  I sleep very hot and a regular bag just doesn't work for me in warm weather ( anything warmer than 40 deg. at night.

Shane, where do I get the best zipper for the project?

To make this somewhat more trail related and less of a gear weenie question, I'll be going on at least three section hikes on the AT over the course of this summer.  July and September in the Smokies and Vermont sometime in the middle.  I'm familiar with the weather in the Smokies, but need to know how the weather in VT. is in the mountains.  Am I going to have to think about extreme differences in temp over the course of a week's hike?  How different is the weather in the mountains than lower down?

Thanks for all of your help.

-r

multipart/alternative
  text/html