[at-l] Multi-use Hiking Poles?

On that site that Khaley ref.'d, there's an accessory that turns your Komperdomperpomperdalliahaliadall pole into a schneaux shovel...  Call that one # 8
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Quoleldil
  Sent: Monday, June 10, 2002 11:28 AM
  Subject: [at-l] Multi-use Hiking Poles?

  Your effort to modify your hiking pole reminds me that I once lashed the two of mine together once
  using schoque cord in order to reach something. Since then, I've wondered about attachments to
  hiking poles to make them dual or multi-use. I've seen an advert for an attachment to turn them
  into a snow/ice breaking device. Thinking along these lines, I wondered whether one could with an
  appropriate attachment use them as a paddle ...

  Hiking poles' uses:
  "confirmed"
  1.  Hiking
  2.  monopod for camera/binocs/telescope
  3.  Tent/tarp pole
  4.  snow/ice breaking device
  "potential"
  5.  paddle?
  6.  defensive weapon?
  7.  + stick to create tripod for cooking?