[at-l] Duct Tape/ blisters

Ron Winchester wrote:

> I've had pretty good luck using duct tape over blisters, although I haven't had
> one for a while.  I do use liners, too.  Smartwool liners, and light hikers to
> heavy hikers depending on several factors, but I always use the liners.  I
> didn't a couple of years ago and developed the nastiest blister I've ever had.

I think it's important to stick to a system once you've got one going.
Feet fear change.  :)  I've used several different methods over the
years with no blisters, but if I change methods during a hike, I get
blisters then.  Your feet get used to a sock/shoe configuration.

Right now I'm using Wright socks, which are double layered.  So it's
a little like having a liner.  When I tried to use regular liner socks,
they'd always bunch up under my socks.  Yuck.

For years I used Thor-lo's with nary a blister.  I'd still be using them
if they fit my hiking sneakers.  Or I might be using Smartwool instead.
They're both pretty comfy.

-amy