[at-l] St John's Wilderness "Misuse"

In a message dated 6/7/2002 12:06:18 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
texas12step@hotmail.com writes:

> This is precisely the reason to oppose the Endangered
> Species Act. Its very design promotes this sort of
> misuse. Dig:

     ***  I suppose it is easy to make such a political/philosophical point
if it has no moral attachment to results or reality and strictly sounds valid
by means of its own internal logic. I assume this site is centered around the
AT and the AT is a conservation entity. Therefore I find such posts
(noticeably missing any mention of the AT's goals as a wild land preserving
institution) to be political taunts more than respectful appreciation of the
Trail and its needs. This kind of view is simply a very square peg in a round
AT hole as far as the Trail goes.

     I don't mean to be deliberately off-topic, I say this respectfully to
"Texas" and hope he takes it that way because I don't see any other way to
say it. You simply can't say something like this without attaching it to the
Trail's future plans in a realistic and meaningful way. The fact that St
Johns proved to be worth preserving and no great catastrophe occurred either
in land rights or power supply proves this. This type of one-sided land
rights view appears to me as weak alongside the proven result of saving this
river which seems to go unregistered...

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---