[at-l] Shelter Courtesy - Some Specifics May Help

   Anna asks:
  "Grey water" (from washing dishes) should be scattered a reasonable distance
  from the shelter, too. And not in tenting areas."
      While we are talking about this, could you define resonable distance?
  And should I scatter it, or dig a hole for it?  Also, what about brushing
  your teeth?  Inquiring minds want to know!  :)  Anna

Rami:
Others will use different methods so I speak only for myself, but I do all things of this nature (+/-) 200 ft. away from where I'll be sleeping and away from a water source.
I dig a hole just like a cat hole for any chunks and the water.  I try to consume all chunks prior to doing dishes of course, but that doesn't always happen.

I also treat all my water no matter what and hang my food every night.  Some might call me an amateur or paranoid, but that's ok.  It's my hike to hike and that's the way I do it.

-r

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---