[at-l] musicians and the like

At 08:20 PM 6/5/2002 -0500, Felix wrote:

>Well, say what you want about Cat Stevens and The Dead, as
>far as I know John Mellencamp is the only ASCAP artist to
>actually give stuff to the AT-L and various members. I may
>be wrong about that...I may be right.

The Dead gave to charity through the Rex Foundation.

<http://www.rexfoundation.org/frames.html>

Provides a detailed listing of their donations from 1984 through
1995, totaling over $7 million.

I don't see ATC on the list, but I do see many worthy
environmental, educational, and humanitarian organizations.
The list is long -- $7 million worth -- so have a look for yourselves
if you're interested.  It made me proud, I gotta say.

rafe b.
aka terrapin