[at-l] Re: Why the Grand Unification Theory - isn't

sAunTerer wrote:

>I suspect the answer is in Maslow's hierarchy of needs.

That may be part of the answer.  But for those non-caucasians
who are operating at the "top of the pyramid," there are lots of
choices for self-actualization.  So why are hiking, or other similar
backcountry recreations, so rarely chosen?

Do you suppose they know what we do out there on the trail,
and consider it sublimely stupid?  That thought has occurred
to me, and lots of smart folks think that way (my wife, for one.)

rafe b.
aka terrapin