[at-l] Grand Unification Theory - WAS:Survival was Trail Etiquette

----- Original Message -----
From: "Shane Steinkamp" <shane@theplacewithnoname.com>

> Turn off that damn flashlight and let the night encircle you...

ah, one of my pet peeves when I'm out with others - too many insist on
always using a flashlight in the dark.  I find that more often than not I
can see much better without it, and you're right - without it the night does
encircle you.  And it's wonderful.  Not something to fear. Once you've
turned the light on, all you see and all you focus on is that little circle
of light.  You lose so much!  Flashlights do have their places and times,
but not just because the sun has set!  I wouldn't leave home without one,
but I also spend much time in the dark without it on.

suz