[at-l] Governor Clement shelter

Last summer I stayed at the shelter south of Gov. Clement. That night, some
local partiers visited the Governor Clement shelter, harassed the hikers
there, brought a chainsaw and cut down several large, standing, live trees,
and made a huge fire to try and burn them. Hiking by there the next day, I
found the still-smoldering wreckage of threse trees as well as a lot of
anti-hiker threats written in the logbook.

I heard that the state troopers were called out that night to deal with the
people involved, but obviously that didn't stop the problem. This shelter
should be removed, since all it does is provide a haven for rowdies and
ne-er-do-wells. Very few hikers stay there, and those that do, definitely
don't get any sleep.

Grace