[at-l] Newbie Preparation

I have spent the last week shuttling two older ladies and the granddaughter of one of the ladies.  Their hiking plans were we have a month, we will start frim Ste 183 in Pa and hike as far north as possible.  A nice way of doing a section hike, but they hadn't even bother to read the trail guides, the data book, or the companion!They will finally be heading off into New Jersey and I will no longer be shuttling them.  The last shuttle was yesterday and I left them with all of the information about the trail between lehigh gap and delaware water gap (reliable source of water, resupply point, motels, hospitals etc).  I spent more time planning a day trip then they did for planning a month long section hike.  Yes, mileage goals are unrelistic, but one should plan for enmergencies.  Where ae the bail out points, what happens if?, how do I resupply, and how will I get home?

Don't get me wrong, I relly enjoyed shuttling the ladies around, but I worry about them.

Grey Owl