[at-l] My Stove Story

No way to mess up using a Zip stove right? Wrong! I ordered my Zip stove
several years ago. I couldn't wait to go backpacking to use it. The next
weekend my son, daughter, and I headed to the Devil's Backbone near West
Plains, Missouri for a weekend trip. we hiked in about five miles Friday
evening after school. I got out the stuff to make supper. I had brought some
denatured alcohol to use as a firestarter. I had some on hand because I used
a Pepsi can stove before I bought the Zip stove.
Well, I gathered twigs and pinecones to use in the stove. I loaded it up
poured alcohol over the twigs, turned the fan on and lit it, only some of
the alcohol had run through the bottom of the stove, saturating the wiring
and the motor. THe whole mess caught fire, the motor and wiring was ruined
and we cooked supper on an open fire.
John Carnahan
jac_150@hotmail.com