Don't OPEN IT!!!!!!!!!!Re: [at-l] Please try again

It appears I also received the virus.  Luckily enough Norton picked it up
before hand, but unfortunately could not clean it.  Checked out the virus
info, and checked with it's vulnerabilities.  Microsoft recently patched OE
so I was safe enough to look at the e-mail, and had a warning pop up.
Judging from the e-mail this was not sent directly through the list, but was
sent to list members.  How did this happen.  Easily enough, OE as well as
other e-mail programs have the option to save e-mail address automatically
to the address book.  So if Bill had this enabled, and replied to an e-mail
you sent, your e-mail was added to the address book.  And when Bill's
computer become infected the virus had access to the same address.

For those of you who do not have an anti-virus program check out
http://housecall.antivirus.com/housecall/start_corp.asp
which will check for a virus online.  Good luck all
__

T - "Semper Fidelis" - |O|

Todd "M&M" Ricker
GA>ME AT99

ICQ: 24455973
AOL/AIM: MMATGA2ME99

www.chrysalisnyac.com NYAC "Son Seekers" Chrysalis.  Forums, schedules,
applications, etc
To open soon ... www.trail-life.com  Home of the Long Distance Backpacker.
Discussion groups, articles, stories, trail info, and trail news.  Please
feel free to leave suggestions or comments.