[at-l] ATC Pledges

I have mixed feelings; like many things in life, timing is everything.
I think the pledge drive idea was a real good thing at the time it
occurred, we both got donations to the ATC and made many of us think a
bit more re what we post.  But, as Rafe notes, the whole idea, if
thought of permanently, does seem too stifling.  None of us is perfect;
the list is not perfect; and we'll just have to keep muddling on thru!
It's probably time to move on from the pledge thing, and yet try to
recall the spirit of a bit of civility when we express our more strongly
held views . . .

I, for one, thing this list has wandered along the trail of cyberlife
pretty darn well, all-in-all (at least for the time I've "been here" -
whatever that phrase means in the cyberworld!

thru-thinker