FW: [at-l] ATC Pledges (Warning: Highly Inflammatory)

I have to agree with Rafe here, there are issues that people are not
going to agree on. But just because we exchange point and counter point
does not make a rude or hostile environment. What a boring place the
world would be if we all agreed about everything. Now I enjoy trip
reports, equipment discussions and the occasional controversial issue. I
don't agree with a lot of the issues brought up, but I haven't seen
anything that Weary, frex but not to point any fingers at, has done that
is insulting to other list members. Some of the issues are something of
a puzzle to me like the what the dead gods of the trail intended for the
year 2025 but others are interested and the delete key is ever handy.

You people ought to venture out of your cocoons and sample a few other
lists to see what real flame wars are like. Nothing that I've seen here
even amounts to a flicking candle flame compared to the napalm attacks
that go on elsewhere.

So lean back in your chairs and enjoy other people's viewpoints.

And BTW Rafe actually did make me re-think the firefighter ESA death
issue, assuming the USFS isn't lying, far fetched I know, the
helicopters may not have made any difference.

Bryan