[at-l] Shane's Bane, The Aftermath (Part I)

> It now appears that others may also have left, or quietly
> resigned themselves to the "forced niceness" regime.
> We'll never know the true numbers, I suppose, of who
> approved or who disapproved -- since disapproval itself
> (in public, at least) was so strongly discouraged.

	Nonsense. At no point was disagreement 'discouraged', only personal
insults and rude speculation into other individuals' background,
intelligence, or mental health.

	During the past month and a half someone occasionally objected when a
person did disagree with another post, but other members always
explained that the goal wasn't mindless agreement, but civilized
discussion.

	I guess you missed that since you chose to be absent.

> Seriously, folks.  There has to be a middle ground between
> raucous cacaphony and insults, and a roomful of mindless
> zombies with smiley faces.
>
> rafe b.
> aka terrapin

	Of course there is. And for the last month and a half the AT-L
discussions existed in the middle ground. It's unfortunate that you
missed it.

	Ron
--

yumitori(AT)montana(DOT)com