Greenway, was Re[2]: [at-l] The future of hiking

At 10:35 PM 5/30/2002 -0400, RIck Boudrie wrote:

>I don't know about you guys, but I am rooting for Terrapin's idea, and
>this group that is "dumb enough" to try and make it happen.  I wouldn't be
>surprised if they and other like them did.
>
>http://www.greenway.org/greenway.htm

It wasn't my idea, Rick, but thanks anyway.  And thanks
for making me aware of the Greenway project.

"My idea" was inspired in part by a local and very successful
rails-to-trails project called the Minuteman Trail, a mile or so
from where I live, on which I took my first bike ride last weekend.

Then I got to thinking, wouldn't it be cool to have an easy
walking trail, or a bike trail, roughly parallel to one of the
existing long and "hard" trails?

Heck, I'd even go for a Denny's or a Shoney's every twenty
miles or so <g>.

rafe b.
aka terrapin