[at-l] Of TP Trail Journals Lost & AT ThruHikers on FL coast

It's been a long while since I have had time to post
anything, let alone read email....work has been busy.
I just wanted to tell Kahley that the TP journals
probably still exist on the web proprietor's
computers. However, it has been beyond anyone's
ability to retrieve them from said proprietor.  I,
too, have been hunting in those backups....

I finally finished re-posting my AT98 journal
(originally on TP) to Trail Journals
(www.trailjournals.com), and I may have talked a few
others from 98 into doing so as well.  It was a really
fun project for me, but took all of my free time.  One
of the after results was that I now want to hike it
again.  Soon!

In an afernote, I read the latest issue of the ATC
magazine, and I personally thought it was one of the
best issues I've read in a long while.  Great articles
and letters to the editor.

I am curently on a business trip from my home in Texas
to Cape Canaveral/Cocoa Beach, Florida, and so after
my day of work is done at NASA I take long walks on
the beach.  Last evening, I was enjoying such a walk,
when what did I spy but a long distance hiker!  I saw
him about 100 yards up the beach when he stood up and
walked back towards the buildings lining the coast.
There is no mistaking a true hiker when you have been
one yourself...the stained white silk long-sleeved
capilene, the dark tanned skin and ragged beard, the
bent-forward shuffle, the ragged pack with
miscellaneous items dangling forth into the air, the
"look."  I was so excited (I haven't seen a raggedy
hiker since I left the PCT back in 2000).  What was
this person doing on the Atlantic ocean coastline?
Was he a guy that just hiked across country?  What was
his story?  I couldn't help myself I just started
walking really fast after the guy until I caught him
out on a street corner.  We chatted for awhile...he's
"Lone Star" (also from Texas) an AT northbounder this
year.  He'd quit the thru-hike and was on his way
home, but was first traveling a bit.  I could see that
he was fresh off the trail via bus service and hadn't
yet showered.  It was so refreshing!  Isn't that odd
that I would think that?  But it brought me some level
of joy, because I feel refreshed and invigorated now.
All I did was meet a hiker; I wasn't even out hiking!

Nocona