[at-l] lessons learned and great moments

In a message dated 05/28/02 3:56:02 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
AHuthmaker@aol.com writes:

> 4.  Food is heavy!!!  How come none of you people ever told me
> that!?!?!?  And of course, being a rookie, I took way too much food!!!
> After
> all that exertion, I wasn't even that hungry!    In any case, now I know
> why
> the freeze dried people are still in business!!

Anna -

Those of us who are not rookies also take too much food and yes, it is heavy.
 And yes, you are meant to drag it and not eat it.  My body has developed the
skill to wait until I am through hiking for the immense appetite to kick in.
It's been that way for a couple of years now.  I'm still pigging out after
last weeks hike.  Time to go find another 20 oz steak.

Black&blue

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---