[at-l] False Sense of Security

Why I switched to the double false security of TWO staffs, instead of one=
:=0D
=0D
>>=A0... my favorite disgusting development was the day I fell into a cre=
ek on my way to Fontana. ...=0D
=0D
The one time I fell in a creek I had but one staff.  What irks me most ab=
out the fall was that I was careful, very careful. I wanted to stand and =
watch the creek. I found a fine, dry rock to stand upon. I had both feet =
firmly planted after checking the traction on each. I had the staff firml=
y planted in the creek itself. I stood and enjoyed the creek, at least 30=
 seconds before the fall. So much for checking the traction on my feet. W=
ith one, then two feet gone I was now a one legged structure. I wound up,=
 half a face in the water with the third of my pack which held my Scot ti=
ssues, carefully waterproofed in a zip lock bag.=0D
To this day I don't know what happened to my feet, but I got up, with hel=
p, from the creek, soggy TP and all and continued on. =0D
After the fall I picked up a second staff. With two staffs I feel I'd hav=
e managed to keep at least one foot on the rock. The dry rock must have b=
een an illusion or I wasn't as careful as I thought I was ... good thing =
I didn't have my thumb in my mouth or I might have bit it off ...

text/html (html body -- converted)
---