[at-l] Back on the Trail Again (Briefly)

It was but a wee hike, a tease, but it felt great to step back onto the
AT earlier today, on the way up Stratton. In spite of some rain in the
AM it turned out to be fine day to be outdoors.

I'd have loved to walk farther, but with the wife and some city-slicker
friends, and a child in tow, it was not to be. We walked a very mellow
grade uphill for an hour or so and then turned around and returned to
our starting point on the Stratton road. Quite a few vehicles at the
trailhead.

It was my first taste ever of the Long Trail, and it was an unusually
mellow bit of trail, at that.

Planning to do much more of it later this summer -- possibly try to do
all of VT in one go, over a two week period, maybe in late July/early
August. That would make it my most ambitious section hike since '90.

rafe b aka terrapin