[at-l] Stumpy

Good Luck on your ambition to hike.  I know you can make it.
Along with this list suport and reading materials, light weigt =
information and safety, do you have or know a prothesis maker/repair =
person that is interested in some one that has such ambitions.  I would =
think that their should be definate differences in how the ankle and =
foot etc sections function for uneven ground and steeply graded climbs.  =
If something breaks on your prothesis do you have the skills to make it =
at least function again?  As OB said the care of the stump is also =
important but you know all this already.
    Part of the functon to many on this list has been in educationing =
the newbies of equipment needs, training, safety and trail assistance =
needs.  The ATC has information on shuttlers that help people out, also =
mail drop information with post offices and hostles among other helpful =
information.   All of us are cheering for your sucess and do not =
hesitate to ask questions even if they seem silly or unimportant. =20
     If  we can be of assistance along the trail let us know.  Packing =
in needed specialized bandages, spare parts etc from your new friends =
wnen required may be one way we can support your hike.  For this a cell =
phone (ACK) with connection to a comupter maybe most appropriate. I'm =
curious just how much does your prothesis weigh?  It's one thing to =
climb Everest with the support of pack animals and trained guides, It's =
entirely another thing and a beautiful thing to walk five million steps =
with your son.

Rogene =20

multipart/alternative
  text/html