[at-l] cell phones

Bingo. I also find it a bit presumptuous to blame to occasional cell
phone packing hiker with destroying the wilderness and view by creating
a market for more cell towers. While $300 per acre might be
economically viable for cell towers in Maine, the cost of construction
and annual royalties to landowners are a bit greater than that - if you
happen to have land that attracts a cell tower.

Blaming hikers with cell towers for destroying "wildness" is a bit
extreme. There is much "wildness" in NJ & NY that a cell tower will
never affect. I suspect this is a bit of "1984" reaction. Cell phone
bad! Zip Stove good! Geeze, these are battery powered tools that can be
used and misused. If a distant cell tower or occasional cell phone does
ruin a walk in the woods, I'd suggest that the walker needs to examine
some priorities.

However, in the tone of supporting pagan wildness, I suggest that one
more hiker goes out to sacrifice their cell phone on the altar of the
Pure AT. Only then will the Anti-Cell Phone Gods be appeased.

Bill...