Hammocks and ... Re: [at-l] Tuscarora Trail - Trip report

DTimm65344@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 05/22/02 12:08:08 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
> sloetoe@yahoo.com writes:
>

>>Got in the Hennessy, sat back and thought "ewwwwwwww! Comfyyyy!"
>>but never dreamed beyond "this is how a hammock feels." Well, I
>>tried THREE others (Mayan, hammock-in-a-bag, and the Sce____?)
>>and NONE of them EVEN CAME CLOSE.
>>

> Toey -
>
> Comfy they are.  And I like being able to camp any and every where I can find
> two trees or shrubs to tie it to. :)

I like that I can camp on a slope and leave the flat spots for my
partner or other hiking friends.

I managed to piss somebody off by setting it up in the corner of a huge
shelter though.. apparently there being gobs of room is no excuse to
do that.  :P

Oh, and though you don't take up much ground space, you do need a fairly
large non-brushy area to set up in.  Or at least I do.  Sometimes it's
challenging to find two trees of the right size that don't have small
trees growing between them or too close to the line between them for the
hammock to fit into.

-amy