[at-l] Backpacking near Las Vegas - HELP

Mt Charleston (the big - frequently snow covered) mountain north of
vegas is also a very nice area.  The charleston loop trail is tough -
and may still be snowy - I don't live out there.  But there are a bunch
of trails that head off to the north west from there, and they are
beautiful.  IIRC - no permits required - nat forest, or blm land, maybe?

Topo maps and trail books are available at local outfitters.

--tom