[at-l] Capilene base ware.

A 20* bag is a bit chancy in March in GA and NC. Given that, you might do
well with a midweight Capilene top. I doubt you need midweight bottoms, as
combination of light weight Capilene, hiking pants and rain pants will
usually do quite well while moving. Your choice of midweight Polatec jacket
and Precip shell should do well, supplemented if necessary with both
Capilenes or another fleece shirt. Even when I was caught in a blizzard
last year, I have found my lightweight Capilenes best for dry clothes to
wear in camp, and have just never found a use for my mid weight pants.

Pay plenty of attention to your choice of hats and balakava to stay warm by
avoiding heat loss from the most critical part of your body. Study up on
vapor barrier clothing, such as socks, in case you get into a survival
situation and have to improvise.

My choice would be light weight Capilenes, mid weight Capilene top or
shirt, a heavier weight fleece with pit zips, Precip jacket and pants, 2
pairs of your favorite hiking sock, VBL socks or heavy plastic bags just in
case, balakava, midweight and liner gloves, and Inca style woolen hat. And
be prepared for a zero day in your sleeping bag or in town if it gets
really nasty for a day or two.

OrangeBug