[at-l] Earl and Memorial Day

What with the Memorial Day weekend coming up, I sort of recall hearing that
it was his service in the Pacific that Earl was most proud of, and what he
considered to be his greatest contribution.

I am going to try and think about that as I am out hiking this weekend.  I
am also going to think of the friend he lost in the Pacific that never got
to hike the Trail with Earl.  I am going to think of the tremendous cost
people like them paid to help make my life what it is today.

I am going to be thinking of this generation's soldiers and thier families
who are making such extrodinary sacrifices as I am enjoying the beauty of
the woods.  I am going to think of this Memorial Day in an entirely
different way than I have in the past.

Rick B