Hammocks and ... Re: [at-l] Tuscarora Trail - Trip report

--- Mark Hudson <hudsom@us.ibm.com> wrote:

> For anyone that wants the long version, I can e-mail my
> journal, just let me know.
### I'll take one, skeets! (But I think you should break it up a
bit and send it to the list. [!])

> The TT now has me thinking about the Hennesy Hamock, lots of
> rocky campsites, when you can find one at all...
### Intended on buying a lesser hammock than the exotic (nay!
*extravagent*!) Hennessy at Trail Days. Say the especially yummy
looking Mayan woven things, in these great exotic colors --
woulda done just *phine* on my front porch. Problem was: I tried
the Hennessy first. DANG.
Got in the Hennessy, sat back and thought "ewwwwwwww! Comfyyyy!"
but never dreamed beyond "this is how a hammock feels." Well, I
tried THREE others (Mayan, hammock-in-a-bag, and the Sce____?)
and NONE of them EVEN CAME CLOSE.
And in my post-run, Trail Days-long delirium, it never occured
to me to think outside the "Hennessy is Shelter" box into which
I'd put the Hennessy. I could've just asked 'em for a plain ol'
hammock, if I'd thought of it. AND the thing was going for a
factory sale price of $120. DANG.

### Well, I've got my eye out for a hammock, but I warn
y'alls'ns: try before you buy -- they are NOT all the same, and
spending on the right one, like socks or a pack, is WELL worth
the buckos in satisfaction EVERY TIME you use it.

Sleeptoe