  From: Jan Leitschuh
  To: AT-List
  Sent: Monday, May 20, 2002 12:41 PM
  Subject: [at-l] Knot Tip

  Regarding knots,
  esp. for the Hennessey hammock, but for any thin guy line under a certain
  amount of tension,
  a shy lister offered this suggestion below.

  When I wrote back how elegantly simple and clever it was, and would he post
  it, he suggested I post it.
  So, here's a knot tip. I just tried it, and it worked.

  A few extra wraps around the body of the Hennessey's tree hugger also
  enabled my quick-release horseman's knot to pull free. I just wasn't taking
  enough friction-grabbing turns.

   > Hi,
  > >
  > > Sometimes it helps to place a stick in the knot when you are tying it
  (IE in the middle of the knot not to be confused with tying around a
  stick) When you get ready to leave, break the stick, it will come out of
  the knot giving you enough slack to finish untying the knot.