[at-l] West Virginia and Alleghney questions

So I am trying to come up with a place to hike in fall for about a week. I have
heard a lot of good things about the hiking in WV, but not anything
specifically. Also, I know that there is the Alleghney trail, but details on
the trail are a bit sketchy. Is it a ridgline trail? Is the southern portion
completed? I looked through Mrs. GORP's photo journal and there didn't seem to
be a lot of peaks in the photos. I got to thinking about this since I would
like to go to the Gathering this year, and it would be cool if I could combine
a hike and a hiker gathering. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

-Chomp