[at-l] Earl's issue

Final  editing  remains, but I have finally concluded the basic work on the Earl
Shaffer  memorial  edition of the MAINEtainer -- the tabloid newspaper I produce
for MATC. It goes to press Monday morning. Monday night we approve final details
of  the  new  Maine  Appalachian  Trail  Land Trust. Tuesday, I take time out to
maintain  my  section  of  the  trail on Whitecap in time for the first crush of
southbounders.

If  you  care  for a copy of the Mainetainer send me a name and address and I'll
send  one  out  as  soon  as  I  get  back  from  my  maintenance  chores in the
"100-mile-woods."  (some  think  it  a  "wilderness"  but we in Maine sadly know
better, which is why we are founding a land trust.)

Weary