[at-l] Longing& intro

My case is not as final, as I may get another chance for a Thru.

However I echo the Red-one's advice.  I am in 62 and wanted to do a Thru
since I was 18.  I always had other obligations.  I did hike many many miles
often repeating sections of the same 700+ miles of the AT which I have
covered.  I have been a maintainer for 40+ years.  That is I spent many many
weekends and a lot of vacation on the AT and other trails, but never found
the time for that Thu.

This year I was all set to go -- all my gear, maps, food, home-base support,
etc was arranged.  I was counting down the days to March 25th.

Then less than a month before my start date, I was hospitalized, on Feb
27th, with a blood clot from my groin to just above my ankle.

So, I echo Red's, "If you have the dream, and opportunity knocks - answer
the door."

Chainsaw

PS -- Condition update for those who asked:

The good news is that I am now driving and walking without any arbitrary
time restriction -- just the instructions to not rush things or "over" exert
myself.  The disappointing aspect is that nearly two months of forced couch
potato has made a walk of a couple miles on level ground an exertion.  The
better news is I am getting better.

The answer to other question that a number of you have asked is that the
Doctors don't know what caused it.  All the usual suspects have been
eliminated by good test results.