[at-l] Longing

Most of us don't or can't.  Careers, mortgages, family, other interests
and responsibilities, etc. take precedence.  An AT thru-hike (which is
the same as a 5 or 6 month vacation) is just not available to 99% of
us.  So we do it after high school, or college, before grad school, or
after retirement (if we can still move!!), or we section hike.  Even
those with the type of employment that allows them to take off long
periods, can rarely afford to miss that many paychecks.
   For those that can find the time and manage it, go for it!  We're
there with you in spirit (and enjoying your journals!!).