[at-l] Flying from the Trail

Jan wrote:
>Still want to know about that hiking rhythm thing.

You don't really want to know, Jan.

Bottom line is that you'll probably enjoy the hike, but it'll be a different
hike than you'd have without the interruptions.  During my AT thru I refused
to come off the Trail in VA to attend a nephews wedding in Connecticut.  By
the time I got to Harpers Ferry, I was willing to take off a day to meet my
brother who was flying in from Europe. And then I took off a day in NY for a
family reunion.  Each time I took off was an interruption of the hike and an
annoyance.  My heart and mind were still on the Trail, so I didn't really
enjoy the time off and couldn't wait to get back to the Trail.

Obviously others have different views about this.

Walk softly,
Jim