[at-l] pittsburgh 1230pm 05/11/02

pittsburgh 1230pm 05/11/02

lunchtime on trail crew.  twenty-one of us are working on the elk river relo, which changes the 2-1/2 miles north to walnut mountain road into 4 miles north to walnut mountain road.  we are building new trail.  i've been on crew that has repaired trail, but this is a first working on new trail...

the day is perfect - overcast, cool temps, slight breeze.  we hiked along a mile or so of already built new trail, from walnut mountain road, to get to our work site.  looks like we may get a quarter mile or so of trail done.  tough work, gratifying work...

the tehcc (tennessee eastman hiking [and canoeing] club) is sponsering this work trip, with six or seven of their people overseeing the work.  the main two people are ed oliver, head of maintenace for the tehcc, and bob peoples, proprietor of kincora hostel.  the remaining folks are mostly captive thru-hikers...

the chainsaw just cranked up, must be time to get back to work<g>...

pittsburgh

This mobile message sent using PocketMail.
Sign up for unlimited e-mail at www.PocketMail.com.