ConQuest! Re: [at-l] Salt Tablets

>Definitely, if you were to take a powder much more tailored to
>what's involved in hiking, ConQuest! will do you *well*.

Why wouldn't a hiker want to get the same nutrition out of food rather than
powder?  If you are in a competition, that might not be practical.  But on
the Trail?

Is it that the foods that have all the "good stuff" don't taste good, or are
they too heavy for what you get out of them?  Or is it that they can't be
easily snacked on throughout the day?  Or is it just to difficult to figure
out what really works best?

As for liquids, Gatoraid powder sounds good to me, but IMHO I think it is
the sheer volume of water you drink that matters most.  In that regard, I
would think that a powder (or no powder) that encourages you to want to
drink more because it tastes good might outweigh the benifits of the
add-ins.  Used to be Country-time lemonade for me, but now that I have given
up the polar pure its plain water.

Truth is, I am staying away from the powders (even sugar based drink mixes)
because I would be into the bag with a spoon when faced with tough hills at
the end of the day.  Sad, but true.

Rick B