[at-l] Re: Vacuum Packer

<<Also,does anyone know anything about the Tilia "FoodSave" 1050 Vacuum Packer? Does anyone have any favorites? Pog, I hope you'll weigh in on this too.>>

To quote a source with much vacuum sealer experience (umm, me)

"Vacuum sealers like the Foodsaver Compact II can be obtained online...It can also be ordered by phone (through the infomercial) but I think it might be a little more expensive that way. That number is 1-800-891-5511 and it is about $150. I have worked with the larger Foodsaver, but prefer the Compact one because the vacuum isn't as strong, making it easier to seal in liquids.  It is an investment, but is more important in my kitchen than a microwave"

Spending $150 is a lot cheaper than throwing out four months of spoiled food, right Cheerio?  I wish I had a used one to sell you but mine just won't give up the ghost. I have been seeing them in discount stores more and more so that might be a source, if you don't have luck elsewhere. Try Goodwill and Salvation Army too. A friend of my mom's picked one up, with bags, for $5 at Goodwill a few weeks ago.  There are other , cheaper brands, but with the service I have gotten from my Tillia Foodsaver, I won't change brands. Gee - they should give me free bags or something for this endorsement, don't you think?

POG