[at-l] Memorial ideas

>  He told me the shelter was the "Earl Shaffer Shelter" and
>he hoped it would be left there as a historical monument, at least, since it
>was unlikely to be used anymore now that the new shelter was in place. This
>was back in 1997. I don't know if it's still there.

I stayed in this shelter on the night of July 3, 2000. It's small but
was fine although rustic as described. I had also heard the same
story, that it's was Earl's shelter, at least until floor was added.

As a southbounder I then walked in to Duncannon on the morning of the
4th, several kids fired about half a dozen bottle rockets at me as I
crossed the bridge into town. No injuries, good ice cream, not a bad
day on the trail.

--
Arthur D. Gaudet        	"Is walking down called hiking, too?"
(RockDancer) 	                 -heard at the top of Mt Washington, NH