[at-l] Hiker needs Help Doing Virginia

Hi

Is there anybody out there who can help out a friend of mine?

This gal is really a pistol! She's in my local hiking club, in her mid-70s,
and is determined to finish the Trail before her knees give out. She's
already done 1,600 miles including the Whites, but needs to finish Virginia.
Pretty self-reliant.

She is tough, forthright and lots of fun. But she needs help slacking, or
car-spotting as she puts it. She is offering to pay a little.

Oh by the way Curtis, she says she knows you and says hello. Mean Jean is
her Trail name. She said you were tons o' fun.

Here's here note

"About the trail, I keep putting it off because of working on my yard,
transplanting things, etc., dependent on the weather, but I MUST go soon so
it won't cost me twice as much to stay over at
state parks, etc., after May 31.

    I need to start out at Rt. 684/Rt. 81(?).  My main problem is all I need
is someone to spot my car in the morning, then take me to the  trailhead and
be done w/me for that day.  Therefore I
really need a series of people; otherwise I'm going to be paying someone to
drive long distances each day from, for instance, Pearisburg, and that just
don't make sense.  What I'd love is a series of housewives just before or
after they've taken the kids to school.  A $1 a mile is OK w/me under those
circumstances, but not all the way from Pearisburg, for instance, which
would amount for
much of the time to $75 a day.  NO CAN DO.

I'm going to call Angie's Grocery in Sugar(?) Grove.  They were good to
Shelley and me, and I'm sure they'd know what I mean when I say I
need safety above all because I can't have some kid telling some other
kid(s) they took this old doll, ALONE, to the trail.  Too much vandalism
these days--I mean what could be more fun than beating up on an old doll?!

Oh, and Curtis was SO MUCH FUN.
Thanks again.
    Jean "
--