[at-l] OT: Walk Around the World

My mom sent me a copy of an article about Karl Bushby, a Brit who is
literally planning to walk around the world.  He has walked 10,500 miles so
far, from Tierra del Fuego to Arizona, plans to head up to the Bearing
Strait and across Siberia, Mongolia etc.  He has been hiking 3 1/2 years so
far, and figures it will take another 8 years to do the 36000 mile walk.
The link to the article is
http://www.azstarnet.com/star/tue/20430WALKAROUNDWORLD.html

One thing I really enjoyed was the subtitle to the piece: "Trekking for no
particular reason"  or as Bushby put it, "if you have to ask the question,
you probably won't understand the answer."

My mom's only comment was "No, you can't go.  It's too long!"  Oh well.
Ginny