[at-l] RE: Stoves

I recently finished building a Photon Stove (Curtis, I shortened the name so I could remember it). So far I heated up water for hot chocolate on the deck. It did that well, but I think I need a better way to measure how much alcohol I am putting in so I can predict how long it will burn.

One thing I will point out was that this stove was not cheap for me to build. YMMV. I spent about $25 including about a quart of fuel. I didn't have any hardware cloth and the cheapest roll I found was about $12. Of course I have enough to build about 100 pot stands now. That price also includes some new tin snips, since my old ones seem to have crossed over to another reality. And unlike many tools that have left our reality, they didn't even come back after I brought the replacements home. So I have a new stove, some tools and supplies.

I want to work up to cooking about 10 minutes - some Lipton's Rice and dehydrated hamburger I have left from my last trip. I would be glad to report on my exploits.

SoulFull
Jack.Bulkley@sas.com
Apex, NC
Anyplace is within walking distance if you have the time.