[at-l] Earl Shaffer

A true American legend and a good man has passed.  I wish for him that his
passing was full of peace.  For all of us who hike the Trail or who dream
of hiking the Trail, our own possibilities are made bigger for his having
lived the life he lived.  May he rest on his beloved Appalachian Trail
forever.

Please let us know if there will be an Earl Shaffer Memorial Fund to which
we may make contributions.  We might all consider making a contribution to
his memory by devoting some time to trail maintenance where ever we are and
what ever trail is close at hand.

My condolences to his family.

Curtis