[at-l] Earl

"Earl has died."

 A  sad  event for those of us who knew him and loved him. But not a surprise --
 especially those of us who have inched past the Biblical three score and ten. I
 think  it's  pretty  well  established  that  mortality  among  humans  is  100
 percent.

 Earl lived a long and inspiring life. I wish only that his health had permitted
 him the book he had dreamed of writing.

 But  the  life he lived was more than mere books and words. Many thousands have
 better  lives  as a result of his efforts. Many thousands have glimpses of true
 immortality through his example.

 Earl  demonstrated that the way to live forever is to live a life that inspires
 forever. Very few achieve this. Earl did.

 Bob