Alcohol stoves (was [at-l] LONGISH, Trail Magic ,etc.)

I like my Pocket Rocket propane stove (it actually uses a mixture of propane
and butane).  By my calculation it's quite a bit lighter than the
wisperlight and cheaper to run.  It is equally fast and hot.

Pocket Rocket 11 oz (3 oz. stove plus 8 oz average half full canister).
Wisperlight - 21 oz (13 oz stove plus 8 oz fuel)

I'm sure the alcohol crowd will make their case, but all I can say from
watching such stoves in use is they are sloooooow.  Last time I watched
someone cooking with one, I had cooked, eaten, pot washed, teeth washed and
everything put away and they were sill a long way from eating.  This was a
real observation, please don't flame me.  I saw what I saw.  They used a tin
can stove which they said cost $.69 cents plus an hours work (which I do
greatly admire).  But it was still sloooooooooooooow.

I figure my stove costs me about $.20 to $.40 per day.  The alcohol should
be cheaper, but did I mention they are slooooooooooooooooooooow.  Yes I
guess I mentioned that.

Pb