[at-l] Pack Weight

For a ten-day hike, what would you guys recommend for desirable pack
weight for a 155 lb. 20-year-old male?

Similarly, what would you recommend as a desirable pack weight for a 170
lb. 21-year-old male thru-hiking the AT?

These are two of my teammates, both of comparably outstanding fitness.
Both are varsity rowers in a Division I program and have experience
biking, hiking, etc.  The second one recently completed a Trans-American
bike tour of around 10,000 miles.

I'd like to give them good recommendations but I'd like to hear your
opinions before telling them something that might be too heavy, causing
them weight trouble, or too light, causing them to leave out clothing
and such that they need.

Thanks!

Luke