[at-l] Re: Gluing on Pole Tips

Could be crampon marks Mara, but most of the rock marks here are more
random than the crampon marks I've seen in the Whites.  The
"roto-tilled" trail you describe was very prevalent this season.
There were 100s of continuous yards on a section near Upper Goose
Pond this "winter" that had to have had ice crystals 6" deep/tall.
Very S-F looking, like some alien fungus pushing up out of the ground.

BTW, once you mentioned a good loop hike in the Whites (Pemmi
Wilderness?), mind describing it again?  Just trying to plan my
summer...

Cosmo

At 10:38 PM -0400 5/1/02, Mara Factor wrote:
>Hey Cosmo...
>
>Are you sure you aren't seeing crampon scratches?

<snippage>