Weary's trail use restrictions Re: Re[4]: [at-l] Trip Report (offtrail) update

>  Now  the  problem is to somehow convey this information without p*ssing off the
>  officers so that they ignore any future complaints.
>
>  Weary

	Around here the government agencies that manage the recreational lands
often post signs with the pertinent laws and regulations quoted on them.

	How about making up something like that? (Yeah, this is starting to run
into some money.) When there's a violation, you can go to the proper
authorities with a 'extra' copy of said sign, and say something like,
"Despite my posting of these signs explaining the regulations," (hand
sign with regulations to said authority figure to read), "the ATV driver
chose to break them. I guess we're just going to have to pursue this
legally."

	That way you aren't telling the ignorant officers what the laws are,
but they will end up having to read them, and you can convey
disappointment at being 'forced' to take such harsh methods.

	Ron
--

yumitori(AT)montana(DOT)com