[at-l] Pay phones, cell phones, & Churches

Yup due to the roaming charge, Verizon probably doesn't get much cell
business from us pooh folk here in Maine. We use Unicell no roaming in Me.,
N.H., Vt., Ma., and N.Y.

If I were looking for a cell phone for a thru hike I'd probably look into
one of the Wal-Mart type prepaid cell phones. No roaming in US,  no package
minutes, no monthly payment. You pay by the minute, sure more expensive that
a contract, but less than a pay phone if your feeding quarters. If one were
looking for a cell for emergencies and they are hiking and not talking on
the phone, might be worth looking into.