[at-l] Gluing on Pole Tips

I am not very worried about scratching rocks with a hiking pole, or crampons
for that matter.  Other may disagree.  Seems to me the big issue has more to
do with how those spear tips may disturb the soil.

With my Leki (singular), the rubber tip just presses on, albeit snuggly.  I
can't imagine keeping one for very long without super glue.  Once a pole
goes down in the muck or snow, some unknown force will often just suck the
tip right off.  Jim O. might point out no scientific studies have been done
on this.  While he would probably be right, I do think that I read somewhere
on AT-L that mud sucks. And the AT-L is as good as any peer review journal
out there, isn't it?

I have been amazed at how well the super glue does in keeping the tips in
place.  Thanks to the person who posted that idea on the net.  I was about
to give up on these tips after losing a pair.  For such little rubber, the
tips seem to last surprisingly long.  Lack of scientific studies not
withstanding.

Rick B